Saturday, May 23, 2015

Style In Focus: Fahima

fahima

Having been born in East Africa and raised in London, everything about me has been a collaboration of my roots and my surroundings. With age I’ve learnt to identify my style and my presence as a “rose in constant bloom”, now fully evolved into FABHIMA. At 24, a Psychology graduate who has migrated to the USA, I feel as if I’m more than a girl with good taste in clothing, but a living, walking canvas, painting my faith, feelings, and experiences using clothes & personal style.

886175_445850745542010_857509172_o10942462_10152684297397098_262728782_n

2014 was probably the year that awakened my dreams, they were ever present but only after experiencing my styling showcases at “Rahma on the Runway” and “DCFW (DC Fashion Week)” and hearing the feedback did it feel like it was possible for me to achieve it. Before both events I would have convinced you and I this was a hobby; but since then I’ve accepted this as part of my being. Interestingly enough my mother has always encouraged me to do Fashion on the side of whatever I was doing in my life at that time. I think her belief that I’m actually qualified at this is a most definite confirmation. I love that woman.

10268612_10152119654622098_2449238214182220168_n

I guess now you’re wondering what my actual goals are in life. In the short term I’m taking steps toward styling and personal shopping, and my long term goal I pray, is somewhere in design. I’m constantly designing clothes or altering clothes I’ve already bought. Aside from Fashion, I really want to work with abused women and children; that would be such a pleasure to be part of. With my degree in psychology I’m still unsure of how I want that to manifest into my goals, I think this coming year is going to lead me in the right direction as far as that’s concerned. All in all, I want to be very well rounded kind, giving Muslim woman, and I think in this day and age it’s possible for me to have more than one dream. I don’t want to contain my soul, especially when there is so much to an individual. I love the idea that there’s so much more to me.

Most of my hobbies begin in or around some form of writing and literature, I keep a journal, I write poetry and I am constantly reading; I live in my books, figuratively speaking. I’m a traveler, so I have this ache to be somewhere other than where I am quite often. In London, I had an obsession for experiencing different coffee and tea places; as much as I love to travel the world I love to taste it too. Lastly, I love to spend time with my friends; in particular we love attending art galleries & music festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment